Skip to content
KEY BODY POSITIVE MESSAGES FOR TEACHERS AND PARENTS
- Body based teasing and stigma from peers can prevent students from joining in physical activity.
- Teachers and parents can encourage the joy of movement.
- Active living is not just sports or organized activities.
- People can be active in many different ways.
- Schools should find ways for all students to be active.
- Teachers should be aware that students who are concerned about their body image may limit their own participation in physical activities.
- Teachers of all sizes and shapes can model active living.