Skip to content
KEY BODY POSITIVE MESSAGES FOR TEACHERS AND PARENTS
- Nobody deserves to be bullied.
- Bullying hurts. It impacts on self esteem. Body-based bullying and stigma are hurtful.
- We can learn to become more aware of and respond to weight based teasing.
- Bystanders can learn how to report and stand up against bullying and teasing.
- Teasing and harassment are also forms of bullying and children need adults to help them address this.
- Body-based bullying is common and linked to stereotyping and discrimination.
- Jokes based on appearance and identity are harmful.