Skip to content
KEY BODY POSITIVE MESSAGES FOR TEACHERS AND PARENTS
- People can be healthy at different sizes.
- How we define health and how we talk about health are both important.
- Health includes physical, mental, and social well-being.
- We can compromise one aspect of our health by focusing exclusively on another aspect.
- We need to check if our health focus is on well-being or on looking a certain way or size.
- Health can be presented as exercise and restricted eating but this approach is limited and sometimes harmful.
- Health is being a full participant in life.