Skip to content
KEY BODY POSITIVE MESSAGES FOR TEACHERS AND PARENTS
- Bias, stereotyping, and stigma are forms of discrimination that students can learn to recognize and address.
- Since the majority of people are not born with the ideal shape and size, weight stereotypes can privilege some persons and harm others.
- Gender stereotypes can contribute to narrow, sexist ideas and beliefs.
- Stereotypes are not always true and limit people from reaching their potential.
- We can learn to break down stereotypes.
- We can recognize difference and celebrate uniqueness.